6 Steps to Check the Fit of Your Bra
The band of your bra is very important. In fact, it's responsible for the majority of your bra's support. It acts as an anchor, to hold your bra in place. Start here when you have issues like slipping bra straps, digging underwires, or gaping cups. Surprisingly, these problems can often be solved by adjusting or updating the band.
What to Look for in the Mirror
- Your bra band should fit nice and snug around your torso. The band shouldnoteasily pull away from your body, either in the front or the back.
- The band should sit straight and parallel to the floor. It should start with the underwires or top portion of the band sitting directly underneath the bust, at the breast root, and go directly back.
- It's totally normal if you have a little overhang or "back fat". Elastic is wrapping around your body, and no one is made of metal or steel. Often, a wider bra band will lay flatter and can smooth out this issue.
- If your band is riding up, gaping, or not staying in place, it's most likely too big or stretched out. Keep in mind that washing and drying your bra properly will help it last longer.
- Because bra bands are typically made with elastic, they will stretch out over time. That's why, when purchasing a new bra, it's wise to start with the hooks placed on the loosest hook. If it fits snugly on that hook, you can move the hooks into the second setting as it stretches, and the third as it stretches again.
- If the band is too tight, try a band size up, keeping in mind that you'll need to adjust the cup size accordingly.
- If your band clasps in the front, the same rules apply, except there's only one hook option.
- If your bra is put on over the head and there are no hooks, it should still fit nice and snug around your torso.
Video: 6 Steps to Check the Fit of Your Bra - How to Tell If Your Bra Fits
What Is Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD) A Guide to Its Symptoms, Causes, Treatment Options, and More
Whole30 Shopping List to Get You Started
If the moon is in Earths shadow, how can we still see it
6 Totally Not-Dumb Questions Youve Been Too Embarrassed to Ask About Your Feet
How to Find How Many Factors Are in a Number
How to get rid of unwanted hair from bikini line
How to Become a Fan of Doctor Who
Whats Beautiful to You
The 10 Largest, Widest, Longest, Hairiest Body Parts You’ll Ever See
Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Turmeric and Cardamom Recipe
DIY Sun-Dried Tomatoes
5 Traits to Look for in a Workout Buddy