Allergies to Toothpaste: Symptoms and Prevention
Symptoms of toothpaste allergy
The reaction to the toothpaste does not always manifest itself in the mouth area. In some cases, it can affect not only the skin and mucous membranes, but also internal organs.
Signs of allergies can be as follows:
- rashes around the lips and in the corners of the mouth;
- redness and itching of the eyelids, nose, chin or cheeks;
- small sores and wounds on the gums and in the mouth, bleeding when brushing and rinsing teeth;
- puffiness, dryness, cracks and festering lips;
- abdominal pain, flatulence and other symptoms of gastrointestinal upset.
In rare cases, a negative reaction to the paste can provoke conjunctivitis, urticaria, gum disease and even anaphylactic shock.
How to prevent "tooth" allergies
To avoid the development of the disease, follow the simple recommendations:
- choose a hypoallergenic paste containing a minimum of ingredients;
- Make sure that the product does not contain the main allergen - fluorine;
- rinse thoroughly and rinse the corners of the lips after brushing;
- apply a small amount of paste on the brush - a strip of no more than 1−2 cm;
- try not to swallow the product while cleaning;
- refuse formulations with natural herbs, as many plants and their mixes can cause allergies.
If it was not possible to avoid an allergic reaction, immediately stop using the paste and consult a doctor.
In case of severe itching and skin rash, pharmaceutical ointments and creams are used, which ones - ask your doctor.In case of inflammation of the mucous membrane, rinsing with chamomile decoction will help.
The reaction to the means for cleaning the teeth is rare, but no one is immune from such a nuisance. When choosing a toothpaste, always pay attention to its composition, shelf life and storage rules. Finding out exactly what component of the product you have started an allergy, you can avoid its occurrence in the future.
A bow tie in a hurry
How to restore a plastic gear
Kitchen Potholder Tack
Bracelet - stylish metal
Door: dream books interpret dreams about the door
How to pull out a tooth
How to find out tax arrears