How to Behave Like a Princess
Behaving like a princess is about more than just using your manners. Princesses are strong women who use their courage and intelligence help others. Princesses boldly face responsibility, all the while letting their inner beauty bring light to everyone around them. If you want to learn to be like your favorite princess, let wikiHow help! Get started with Step 1, below, to learn how to behave like a princess.
Gaining Princess Skills
Learning From Disney Princesses
Learn from Snow White.Snow White worked hard, did her chores, and contributed to her home, both with the dwarves and while living at the castle. Being responsible like this is especially important for princesses! You should do the same and help out where you can, doing your chores, getting a job, and generally being more responsible.
Learn from Cinderella.Cinderella was kind to everyone from cruel sisters to tiny mice. This kindness was what made her inner beauty and brought about her happy ending. Be kind like Cinderella, even when you don’t have to. People will be mean to you or may not have much to offer you, but like Cinderella shows, that doesn’t mean you have to be horrible right back.
Learn from Aurora.Princess Aurora, also called Sleeping Beauty or Briar Rose, was kind and friendly with all the animals in the forest where she lived. She lived harmoniously with the environment around her and you should do the same. Respect nature, and do your part to protect the environment.
Learn from Ariel.Life can be hard sometimes and we can often get really caught up in school or other responsibilities; Ariel shows us that it’s just as important to find joy in life. Ariel collected things and saw the beauty in things that no one else could see. Like Ariel, you should enjoy the world around you and find happiness in all that you do.
Learn from Belle.Belle had it rough with the Beast, but she also saw someone who had real opportunity to be a better person. She helped him to heal his own pain and find happiness in life. Like Belle, you should help people be better. When you see someone that’s having a hard time, try to help them instead of just writing them off as a bad person. This graciousness is a truly princess-like quality!
Learn from Jasmine.Jasmine didn’t listen to what was normal for her society, she saw problems and she fought against them to improve her own life. Follow your own heart, like Jasmine, and do what you know to be right. This can be hard sometimes, and can even mean going against what’s normal, but you’ll be a happier, stronger person, just like Jasmine.
Learn from Pocahontas.Pocahontas had good reason to be scared of the English settlers, just like the rest of her people, but instead of judging them for being different, she worked to understand them and find middle ground. She saw that we are all the same people, the people of the world, and she worked to bring peace and prosperity for everyone. Search for understanding and peace, like Pocahontas, smoothing out arguments and problems between the people in your life so that everyone is treated fairly.
Learn from Mulan.Lots of things that we have to do in life will be pretty scary. Mulan was certainly pretty scared when she had to go off to war to protect her family and her country. But bravery, or doing what you have to do even though you’re scared, is a quality that you’ll need if you’re going to face the challenges in your life. Be brave, like Mulan, and take your problems head on.
Learn from Tiana.Tiana learned from her father that you can have almost anything your heart can dream up but you have to work hard to get it. Tiana did just that and got everything she needed! Work hard like Tiana to make your own dreams come true. Study in school and get where you want to be by working the right jobs and getting a good education, rather than depending on someone to come to your rescue.
Learn from Rapunzel.When Rapunzel and Flynn got into trouble in the bar, instead of being afraid of the scary men there, she treated them all like normal people and became their friend. Like Rapunzel, don’t judge people. You shouldn’t judge a book by its cover; people will always surprise you!
Learn from Merida.Merida had to save her mother after making a pretty serious mistake, which was hard and scary but very much the right thing to do. Like Merida, you should do the right thing, especially when it’s hard. This is one of the defining qualities of a princess and almost every princess on this list has had to do this exact same thing. It may not always be easy, but you can follow your heart, do the right thing and find your happiness.
Learn from EVE (From the movie WALL-E).She is loyal, strong, brave, caring, and beautiful. She never gives up. She follows orders, but stays true to her heart. She meets WALL-E and is kind to him, not wanting any harm to come to him. To be like her the right thing to do is to be brave, strong, kind, to never give up, and always do what's right.
Learn from Anna and Elsa.Anna learned that you shouldn't rush into love. You too must know that it is only after a while of knowing someone can you trust and love them. Elsa learned to be self-confident of her powers and not be afraid to show her talents and use them for a greater good. Both sisters learned that family is very important. You must learn to take love slow, be self-confident, and love your family dearly. If you have odd talents, accept them like Elsa and don't be scared of them.
Learning From Real Life Princesses
Be active in your own life.Take control of your destiny. Go out and do things that will enhance your life rather than just waiting for some prince to come. Your happiness will come when you pursue it, not while you're waiting for it to find you.
- Be like Princess Zhao of Pingyang. This princess didn’t start life as a princess. She made herself one! She lived in China, a really long time ago and when her father decided he wanted to take control of China she didn’t wait for him, but instead joined in the battle, raising her own army and helping her father. She took control of her own destiny and you should do the same.
Fight for freedom.Though you might not have the title of princess, you still have people to protect. We are all, across the whole world, the same people but many are treated as less and are abused. Fight for their freedom, because that is what a real princess would do!
- Be like Rani Lakshmibai. Princess Lakshmibai, who was a queen as the wife of a king, was an Indian princess who fought for freedom for her people from the British. She saw her people being abused and treated as less than human and her son, who should have been king, stripped of power and a future. Instead of leaving the battle to the men, she fought for her people and their freedom. You should do the same.
Define yourself for yourself.Don’t let anyone define you. Do the things that make you you and that you enjoy. The world will tell you what are girl things and what are boy things, or they'll tell you that something is only for a certain nationality; those things don't matter. Don't listen to those people. Just be the person that you are.
- Be like Princess Sirivannavari Nariratana. This princess of Thailand studies fashion and is just a typical girl...who plays sports! She doesn’t let “femininity” keep her from doing things that are usually considered for boys.
Want more from life.Reach for the stars, no matter what people tell you. Want more for your life and pursue those dreams. Don't just take the same job as your parents because that's what they want you to do. Don't just listen when people say you have to take a girl job. Pursue your dreams to find your happiness.
- Be like Princess Sikhanyiso Dlamini. This princess of Swaziland, Africa doesn’t let the rules of her culture define her. She fights against many of the outdated restrictions and pursues her dreams and the things she wants for herself. You should do the same.
Make the world a better place.Find causes you believe in and fight however you can. You can volunteer or hold a fundraiser. You can also help by donating toys or clothes that you don't need or use very often. Tell your parents that you want to help people; they will help you find ways to contribute to the world.
- Be like Princess Diana. Princess Diana was the mother of Prince William. Though she died very young, she worked very hard during her lifetime to make the world a better place. She worked for causes like fighting the AIDS epidemic and also worked to help people that others didn’t think were worth helping, like drug addicts and homeless people.
Inspire hope.Sometimes life gets really hard, for you and for others. Times get tough and it makes people really sad. When this happens you should try to inspire hope, even when things seem hopeless. Stay optimistic and always work for the best outcome, even in the toughest of times.
- Be like Queen Elizabeth. She’s queen of Britain now, but Elizabeth was just a princess during World War II. At that time, the terror of war was at the forefront of children’s minds all across Britain. Elizabeth brought hope to all of them by speaking on the radio and working for the war effort.
Fight for equality.We are all humans, so we deserve equal rights and opportunities. If you see people being treated unfairly, speak up, whether it's in your household or half-way across the world. When enough voices speak up, real change can happen and people's lives can be made better.
- Be like Princess Ameera Al-Taweel. A princess of Saudi Arabia, Ameera is an icon of equal rights for women in her country and across the Middle East. She uses her power to try to improve conditions for other women who have not been given the opportunities that she has.
Be smart!Never be afraid to be smart. If you see boys that don't like your brains, then they're bad guys, not Prince Charmings. Learn about things because learning is fun! You'll get to do so many more interesting things; the smarter you are, the easier it will be for YOU to save the world. Study hard in school and never be afraid to use your brains!
- Be like Princess Lalla Salma. Princess Lalla Salma of Morocco got a degree in engineering and worked with computers before taking her royal title! Like this brainy princess, you should try to be smart!
QuestionShould princesses be into handsome boys or just focus on her dreams?Rachael Kulenty McDonaldCommunity Answerit depends if you like-like them or just like the idea of them. Love takes time and someone who loves you will stay with you when times get ruff or when times are good and when they accept you for you. Also, love takes time so don't go for the ones you force yourself to like because others like them.Thanks!
QuestionWhat if people question why I do this and say I should get my head out of the clouds.wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerBe kind and respectful of their opinion. Just smile at them and say something like, "Thank you for your opinion" or "I'm sorry you feel the need to criticize my beliefs, hopes and dreams".Thanks!
QuestionWhat if we are poor but I want to be a princess?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerBeing a princess doesn't mean you have to rich. Just show your personality and behave like a princess.Thanks!
QuestionHow do I behave like a princess around a bully?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerAct kind. They will be confused by this and eventually they'll back down. Anger is not the only choice when you need to make a foe back down!Thanks!
QuestionHow do I say 'toilet' politely?wikiHow ContributorCommunity Answer'Lavatory' is a more appropriate word for 'toilet' if you are behaving like a princess.Thanks!
QuestionShould I wear cute things?wikiHow ContributorCommunity Answerit depends what is cute to you and if you like it. Do not worry about what others think is cute. If you like it, wear it.Thanks!
QuestionHow do I improve my grammar and become smart?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerYou should read a lot, and pay attention in school. The more you practice, the better you will get at grammar.Thanks!
QuestionCan princesses wear anything that feels comfortable? I don't like wearing lace and ruffles.wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerPrincesses can wear whatever they choose. You don't have to look super fancy to be a princess.Thanks!
QuestionWhat kind of dress should a princess wear?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerNot every princess has to wear a dress with ruffles, or dresses at all. If you can afford them and enjoy wearing them, you can choose anything from a calm, old-fashioned style to a dress covered in rainbows and flowers. But know that princesses can wear anything they want to wear.Thanks!
QuestionWill boys fall in love with me if I act like a princess?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerIt really depends on the guy. If he's into that kind of stuff then maybe. However, if you really are just doing this to get guys then you shouldn't do this. It should be for you.Thanks!
Is there a school for ordinary kids that can turn them into royalty?
What if you find your true love?
How to get a royal face
How do you be a graceful dancer
- Be elegant and kind to everyone.
- Try to learn to be respectful and have a clear conscience.
- It's not the tiara that makes the princess, it is her honest attitude and caring personality.
- Being a princess is all about your attitude, not how much money you have or who your parents are. Always be there to support your friends through tough times and build up a positive reputation. It will pay off eventually.
- Do not gossip. It makes you look bad and trashy, the exact opposite of an ideal princess.
- If you want to be a princess for selfish reasons, just get off this because part of being a princess is not being wealthy or having a big house. It's about loyalty, royalty, and giving. That's all you need to be a princess.
- Have fun! You're young anyway; you have to meet new people. Enjoy life and the best thing you can do is to try to find yourself.
- Being a princess means you're nice and kind. It's not all about clothes and makeup.
- It's easy to get preoccupied with behaving like a princess, so make sure you have fun!
- Being a princess does not just mean you can do anything,it means making sure everyone has a good life and is happy.
- Don't be too vain! People will think that you only care about yourself.
- Do good deeds for people, not just for the people in most need.
- Be humble, helpful, kind, and clean.
- Care about the environment and don't try to kill anything. Not even pretending.
- Don't let people tell you what to wear and be yourself.
- A princess is still a princess without her crown, but a princess is not a princess without her caring character.
- Don't change yourself to be someone you're not, and don't let people change you.
- Do not give up. If you make a mistake then just keep trying harder..
- Make sure that when you sneeze you cover up your mouth and nose. (This has to do with good manners.)
- Even princesses make mistakes. Not everyone does it right in the first time. Get up, fix your hair and start again.
- Make sure you give yourself a good reputation. Don't let people get you down and don't change because you're you.
- Have courage and be kind, for that is the best way to be a princess.
- Don't always try to be perfect; just be yourself.
- You could take any fashion accessories. But you should not change your good manners. Change your bad manners. Remember to be yourself every time.
- If you have a pet don't hit to or kick it. EVER. That is animal abuse and no kind of princess would approve. Instead, if your pet misbehaves give it a firm "NO!"
- Always be polite and use manners.
- Help everyone that needs it, a good princess helps her subjects!
- Be genuine, thoughtful, and kind to everyone in your life, even those who are disrespectful to you.
- Be careful that you do not get snotty. A true princess will be kind to everyone, and not make anyone feel inferior.
- Just because you're a princess doesn't make you better than others. Relax a little and be humble.
In other languages:
Italiano: , Español: , Português: , Deutsch: , Français: , Русский: , 中文: , Čeština: , Bahasa Indonesia: , Nederlands: , हिन्दी: , ไทย: , Tiếng Việt: , العربية:
Video: 9 Beauty Rules No Royal Lady Would Ever Break
MORE: Pinterest’s Brand-New NYFW Board Gives You Backstage Access
Can a Pill Actually Keep You Looking Younger forLonger
Two-Cheese and Onion Quiche Recipe
How to Buy the Right Walking Shoes
Rebecca Minkoff SpringSummer 2019 RTW Show
17 Tactics to Drastically Improve Communication in Relationships
How to Make Cake with Jiffy Cake Mix
How to Make Hair Gel Using Aloe Vera Pulp
This Is What the 24 Hours After a Mass Shooting Is Like
The 10 Best Drugstore Lipsticks
How to Prepare for Your First Weekend Long Buddhist Meditation Retreat