How to change icons?
In all modern operating systems there are ample opportunities for customization of the user interface. This is done for one simple reason: each person wants to see in front of him a pleasant interface for his eyes. But developers can not immediately include all possible options in the assembly of the OS. Therefore, each of us, ordinary users, can customize the appearance of the system to suit our preferences. The easiest way is to install additional themes that change the background image, window frames and some more system graphics ... A more difficult option is to replace the standard icons with your own. Therefore, we will now look at how to change the icons in Windows:
- In order to change the icons of Windows 7, you must first disable the display of thumbnails in folders. To do this, go to the �Start� menu, then open the �Control Panel� and then select the �OS Performance and Performance Settings� menu. You should see a window with settings.
- In the window that opens, go to the tab "Performance Settings" ("Performance options" in the English version). At the bottom of the panel, uncheck the box next to �Show thumbnails instead of icons�, then save the current settings by clicking on the �Apply� button. Also in this menu you can control various parameters of graphic effects in the OS.
- Now log in with administrator rights, go to the "Start" menu, and select "Run." Now, in the window that appears, enter the word Regedit. So we run the registry editor.
- Now we are finally getting closer to how to change the default folder icon. In the left pane of the window that appears, open a branch called HKLM and go to SOFTWARE / Microsoft / Windows / CurrentVersion, here you need to go to the Explorer branch. Now create a directory here called Shell Icons, which we will need to replace the icons.
- Turning to the folder we created, right-click on the right side of the window and select the item �Create� in the context menu, then select the �String parameter�. Write in his name the number 3, then press the Enter key.
- Now right-click on the parameter we created and select "Edit".
- In the "Value" field, specify the path to the new file with a picture that has the extension * .ico or * .dll
- Reboot the computer.
In order to return the old icon, you just need to delete the registry key we created with the name "3".
If you want to know how to change the icon of the file, or how to change the icons of the desktop, then use the previous instructions, only apply it to other registry branches.
Bonus over the porch - abandoned meters of living space
Simple rope candlestick
Design in KENZO style by Olga Akulova
Yellow crochet swimsuit with crochet
We braid a simple bracelet of rings - Chain bracelet
Jewelry by appearance type: choose gold earrings
A simple amplifier on the TDA2822