How to choose blinds: types, characteristics, expert advice
Many people have already appreciated all the technological and decorative advantages that blinds can give. They are a great alternative to ordinary curtains. Modern companies offer many types of blinds. And the choice is so great that it is quite difficult for an inexperienced person to dwell on one of them. Therefore, it is necessary to understand what are the blinds and how they differ from each other. But first things first ...
What are blinds?
In translation from French - jealousy. The blinds got their name thanks to the traditions of the Ancient East, where jealous men hid their women behind numerous strips of multi-colored fabrics covering the window and door openings. Such screens perfectly passed air and light, but protected the internal space of the room from extraneous views.
Modern blinds are special light-protective devices whose canvases consist of a set of slats (plates) arranged vertically or horizontally. By raising / lowering the web or turning the lamella around its axis, the flow of sunlight and air is adjusted.
What are some blinds?
The ingenuity of modern technologists has become the basis for a rather complex classification of these light-protective devices. So ...
According to its functional purpose, all products are divided into:
- shutters installed outside window or door openings and designed to protect the room from outside penetration;
- internal blinds, the main purpose of which is to adjust the light and air flow.
Depending on the materials from which the slats are made:
- plastic (the most budget and practical option);
- metal, made of aluminum and other alloys, coated with heat-resistant enamel;
- wooden, environmentally friendly, durable, can be made of fine wood;
- woven from a wide variety of natural and synthetic fabrics.
Depending on the direction of movement of the fabric, blinds are divided into:
- horizontal (move up / down);
- vertical (left / right motion);
- vertical combination, the lamellas of which, divided into 2 parts, are moved apart in both directions from the center of the window opening, or vice versa, are shifted inward.
A separate type of blinds are roller blinds, which consist not of lamellas, but of solid cuts of matter, when opening the opening winding on a special shaft.
In addition, there are many sub-types of blinds, the most popular of which include:
- photo blinds;
- plastic window products;
- blinds-pleated, perfectly suitable for arched and other, having irregular geometric window openings;
- multi-textured products;
- radio controlled devices and stuff.
What to look for when choosing blinds?
First of all, decide what practical and aesthetic functions the products will carry. What room will they be located in? Will the bright accent of the room or harmoniously complement the existing interior? So, for the kitchen it is better to choose plastic or aluminum blinds, as well as products made from water and grease repellent fabrics. But for the bedroom or living room plastic and metal naryadli fit (well, except for rooms in the ultra-modern style, such as high-tech).
When choosing vertical blinds, pay attention to which way they will move. Folded products should not interfere with the opening of the sash window opening.
And the last. In order to maximize the blinds to fit the size of the window and to be comfortable during operation, correctly made measurements are very important. Therefore, do not try to make them yourself, and invite a specialist. Moreover, many companies offer this service for free.
Low cost workplace lighting
Stylish pullover for the boy with knitting needles
What are seamless ceilings
Mosaic Broken Heart
We clean water from harmful impurities
Luxury Interior Painting