How to help your child learn the alphabet?
If your child has become intelligent and inquisitive, then it’s time to start learning the alphabet with it. But how to do it right, not only to achieve results, but also to make learning interesting and enjoyable for the children?
The first step is the right incentives.
If the child does not want to learn the alphabet, then he probably just does not understand why he needs it. But compelling arguments will change his opinion. Here are some of them:
- Tell your kid that learning letters is fun and exciting.
- Motivate the baby with the fact that he becomes an adult, and it is time for him to master the "adult" skills.
- Tell the kid that, having learned the letters, he will be able to read on his own. And this means that he will be able to read a fairy tale at any time and also find out what is written, for example, on the label. Surely such prospects will seem very attractive to the flock.
- We can say that only children who have already learned the alphabet are taken to school. The rest continue to go to the kindergarten and do not learn anything new.
When to start?
When to start learning the alphabet? There is no definite and most suitable for all ages, because each child is individual. Already at the age of three years, some children speak beautifully and show interest in learning, while others, at the age of 4-5, are not interested in activities, preferring simple outdoor children's games to them.
How to understand that your baby is ready?
- He speaks well and clearly speaks most of the sounds.
- He shows interest in books, asks you to read to him.
- The child often asks you what is written on the packaging, posters, advertising signs.
Ways to study
There are several basic ways to learn the alphabet:
- Special training programs. They developed a lot. Choose a suitable allowance for your child and start classes. Plus this option is that the classes will be consistent and orderly.
- Special devices and applications. The most popular is “Speaking Alphabet”, which is a touch-sensitive poster with letters, which has several modes. The child will be able to hear the names of letters and words beginning with them, as well as whole verses. And the exam mode will allow you to test knowledge.There are also many applications for computers and mobile devices. But do not rely only on them. The simpler options are various cards with letters, cubes, magnetic alphabet (magnetic board with letters attached to it) and so on.
- Games. If classes are held in a game form, then they will definitely interest the child and help him quickly memorize the letters with almost no effort. There are lots of exciting games. For example, you can play pantomimes and ask the child to represent each letter with gestures or certain poses. It is possible to suggest to the chad to lay out letters from the materials at hand, for example, from stones, beads, coins, and so on. Interesting game "Find the letter." Show the crumb one letter, let me remember it, and then ask to find it, for example, in a book or on an advertising signboard. When the baby remembers all the letters, ask him to say a few words to each of them or find around objects starting with one or another letter. And if the baby likes to sing, then you can ask him to sing all the letters.
- Poems and songs. Rhymed strings are remembered much faster.so try to learn a poem or a song about the alphabet with a crumb.
How to do?
How to learn the alphabet with a child? Training should be consistent. Here are its main stages:
- First learn the vowels, they are much easier to pronounce. Then go to the simple consonants: B, M, C, L, P. Then you can move on to complex consonants, such as W, W, S, F, C, and others. Show cards with letters so that the child can remember them faster.
- Say sounds that begin with the letter under study. Then you can go to the short words. If you focus only on individual letters, then the child will not be able to use them and understand why, in general, they are needed.
- When the crumb remembers the letters, be sure to proceed to writing them, it will help to fix the information in memory. The correct spelling will fail right away, it will require training.
- When the child remembers all the letters, begin to learn their alphabetical sequence. If the child will know the letters well, he will remember their order. You can simply write the alphabet and ask the baby to read it regularly. If there are difficulties, study several ligaments consisting of 3-5 letters.Then connect the ligaments, attaching each studied to the previous ones.
How should the classes take place?
To make the classes effective and interesting for the child, follow some rules:
- Lesson should not last too long. You should start with 5-10 minutes a day. If the baby is interested and involved in the process, then you can increase the duration of one lesson to 15-20 minutes. In any case, it should not exceed 30 minutes, because the child may be very tired and not assimilate the information.
- It is best to start an activity when the baby is calm, slept well and full. You should not start learning if the child is excited, feels unwell, hungry or tired, he simply will not remember anything.
- If the child does not want to engage, do not try to force him, postpone the exercise. If you force a baby, then in the end, he simply hates the learning process and will be disgusted with him.
- If the child does not want to be engaged, probably, just the time has not come yet. Try again in a month.
- During one lesson it is better to study only one letter. This will avoid confusion and better assimilate information.
- Try using associations. Invite the child to think about what those or other letters look like. For example, the letter “D” resembles a house, the letter “O” is an open mouth, the letter “P” is a horizontal bar, and the letter “G” is a crane. This approach will help the child to quickly memorize all the letters.
- Do not forget to praise and encourage the baby, but do not do it too often, otherwise he will be engaged only for the sake of praise or gifts.
- Do not scold the child if he cannot remember this or that letter. Help him, support him in every possible way. In the end, some children study the alphabet is not easy.
- Do not expect your child to learn the alphabet quickly, it may take several months. And do not force events, it definitely will not do.
- Even when the baby learns the alphabet, you should not relax, as unnecessary and unused information can quickly be forgotten. So repeat the alphabet daily.
- Hang the alphabet in a visible place so that the child can constantly see it and reproduce it in memory.
Successes your baby and patience you!
What is a junk bond
How to quickly write a thesis or term paper
Waterproof coating - water glass
Crafting a traffic light with your own hands
Economy lamp burned
DIY Handmade Rose