How to identify a tree?
Watch the video
It is possible to determine which species a particular tree belongs by different indicators: by leaves, bark, crown shape, inflorescences, fruits, etc. If you have a complete description of all the characteristics of the tree, then you will not be able to determine which tree will arise. Below are the main signs of different tree species.
How to identify a tree by leaves
The easiest way to determine the tree on the leaves, and this can be done quite accurately. To do this, of course, you will need a minimum experience, as well as some knowledge in the field of botany, or in dendrology. The method is based on the fact that every single tree species has a unique, unique leaf shape. For example, how to identify some of the trees growing in Russia:
- If the tree has long, narrow, pointed leaves, the lower part of it is white-gray in color, and the upper part is covered with a whitish bloom, then you probably have a willow;
- Birch leaves are known to almost everyone: they are round or heart-shaped with jagged edges;
- Maple leaf is also hard not to find out or confuse. This sheet is quite large, similar to the five-pointed star. To find out the maple leaf, it suffices to recall the Canadian flag, which depicts a leaf from this tree;
- Ash leaves have a complex structure, they rather resemble a separate branch, on which smooth leaves with narrowed ends are located. Such leaf blades are usually colored green-yellow;
- Oak leaves are different from the leaves of other trees. The scientific name of their shape is obovoid, 7-14 cm long, with a blade that looks like a finger. In spring they can be reddish; by summer they are completely green;
- The chestnut leaves are collected on five obovate plates, which are attached to one base, the length of each 8-15 cm;
- Linden leaves have a rounded shape and a heart-shaped cut at the base of the stem, 15 cm in diameter, the edges have teeth like a saw.
Separately, it is possible to determine the species / species of coniferous trees by needles, which, in essence, are modified leaves. For example, they had spruce needles with two strips on the underside. The pine ordinary long needles (up to 4-7 cm), growing 2 pieces in the "bundle".The cedar needles are also long (up to 14 cm), but soft, covered with a white-gray bloom, grows on the branches in bunches of 5 needles.
How to identify a tree by bark
It is possible to determine the wood species by the differences in the bark. This is especially true in winter when there are no other identifying signs.
- The oak bark has a brown-gray color, with deep furrows running along the trunk of the tree. In addition, this tree species is distinguished by knobby branches and a trunk;
- Birch is just the easiest to distinguish precisely by the bark - because it is white, with transverse black short stripes, in some placespeels off and twists thin, like paper, plates;
- In pine bark has a brown-red color, the entire surface of the trunk is covered with deep longitudinal grooves;
- In an adult chestnut plant, the trunk is covered with wide plates of brown-gray bark;
- The beech tree differs from the rest of the trees by the remarkably smooth surface of the bark, from the sapling to the very old age;
- Maple or sycamore differs scaly structure of the bark of a brown-gray color.
Other distinguishing features
Tree can also be determined by fruits and inflorescences:
- Oak can easily be recognized by the acorns growing on it;
- Kalina cannot be confused with other trees, looking at her red berries, which taste bitter and sour. Fruits grow in groups in brushes of 25-30 pieces;
- Forest hazel can be identified by small nuts;
- Horse chestnut spring differs blooming "candles" inflorescences,consisting of white flowers with a pinkish-red middle. In the fall, this tree gives the characteristic, well-known fruits of all kinds, nuts with brown rough skin;
- Birch in the spring produces characteristic only for her "earrings", two on the petiole, this is her inflorescence;
- The poplar is easy to identify at the beginning of the summer from the characteristic only for him flying down;
- Cherry trees in the spring bloom large white inflorescences, consisting of many small flowers. Flowers have a characteristic sharp sweetish-sugary smell. Small fruits (berries) appear in the early to mid-summer, similar to a bunch of grapes, black.
Why dream of cards
Cake for one. The Council of 1906 which is useful to you today
Unusual use of WD-40
Paving slabs: advantages and self-assembly
Take a look at 25 projects of houses from sea containers