Roasted Pineapple-Caramel Sundaes
Mar 28, 2013
A bestselling author of seven cookbooks, Pam Anderson turns plain old vanilla ice cream into something spectacular, to create a delicious dessert perfect for Mother's Day.
Advertisement - Continue Reading Below
Prep Time: 0 hours 15
Total Time: 0 hours 30
packed dark brown sugar
3 tbsp. cold unsalted butter
1 tbsp. ground ginger
1/2 c. shredded coconut
1 1/2 pt. vanilla ice cream
- Adjust oven racks to lower and middle positions. Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Using a serrated knife, cut top and bottom off pineapple. Stand pineapple on a cut end and cut away skin. Using a paring knife, cut out any large eyes. Quarter pineapple lengthwise. Lay quarters flat on the cutting board. Cut out and discard woody core of each piece. Cut remaining pieces of pineapple into 1/2-inch chunks.
- On a small rimmed baking sheet, toss pineapple with sugar, butter, and ginger. Roast (on middle rack) until pineapple is tender and sugar is a caramel color, 15 to 20 minutes.
- On a second baking sheet, spread out the coconut. Bake (on the lower rack) until lightly golden, about 5 minutes; transfer to a bowl.
- When ready to serve, scoop the ice cream into bowls. Top with the pineapple, spooning any caramel over the top. Sprinkle with the coconut.
Video: Grilled Pineapple with Vanilla Ice Cream & Rum Sauce
How to Learn About Cars
The Fastest Way to Remove Period Stains from Fabric
When Rehab Is a Revolving Door
When to Talk About Crohns Disease
Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Turmeric and Cardamom Recipe
How To Use Tea Tree Oil For Psoriasis
How to Play Football With Yourself
13 Weeknight Dinners That Make the Most of SpringProduce
How to Make an Ice Block
18 Lace Shirt Outfits For This Summer
2015’s Most Stylish Headphones
Date: 07.12.2018, 08:15 / Views: 63383