Southern Fried Chicken
Serving Size: 1/2 Chicken Breast | Calories: 240 | Total Fat: 3 g | Saturated Fat: 1 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 37 mg | Sodium: 82 mg | Carbohydrates: 32 g | Sugars: 2 g | Dietary Fiber: 5 g | Protein: 20 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 3 |
- 4 chicken breast halves, skinless
- 1 egg white, slightly beaten
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour (I used King Arthur brand)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place the flour, black pepper and cayenne pepper in a gallon size zip lock bag.
- Dip chicken one piece at a time into egg white, allowing excess to drip off. Place chicken one at a time in the bag with flour mixture, shake the bag to lightly coat, remove the chicken and set aside.
- Add oil to an oven safe skillet, turn to medium heat. Oil is the right temperature when a pinch of flour dropped in sizzles. Do NOT allow oil to get to the smoking point.
- Brown chicken on both sides, about 8 minutes on each side. Leave chicken in skillet and place in the oven, do not cover. Cook 30 minutes. Place chicken on paper towels to remove excess oil.
- NOTE: There should be about 3/4 cup flour remaining after coating chicken. Also, about 1/2 the oil will remain after chicken is removed from skillet.
Video: The GREATEST Fried Chicken Recipe IN THE WORLD!
10 best recovery foods
How to Add Songs Using Ares
How to Sleep Through Gout Pain
Eating out gets healthy
10 Street Style Moves To Steal From Milan Fashion Week AW17
What a 500,000 home looks like in 25 major cities across America
How to Write to a Text File in C
ISIS loves Toyota
Hangover Cures To Know This Party Season
10 Top Street Style Trends From Pitti Uomo 90 SS17
Make Your Work Work for You
Grilled Tropical Fruit with Greek Yogurt
How to Soften Hard Cookies
How to Write a Chronological Resume
Exercise Guru Patricia Moreno Reveals Her Surprising Path to Fitness