Textile fridge magnets: sew a couple of lovebirds
I propose to sew a couple of small dolls-lovebirds for yourself or as a gift.
Since the toys are fairly simple, I will show only the main stages.
My kids were about 15 cm tall with legs in mind.
For creativity we need:
- Facial tissue - 2 pieces 15 by 10 cm.
- Fabrics for clothes - 2 kinds (one for the boy, another for the girl) - pieces about 15 by 10 cm.
- The filler is a holofiber.
- Waxed cord (it took me about 30 cm on 2 pairs of legs + 25 cm - on the handles for both kids) - only about 55-60 cm.
- Wooden beads for legs - 4 pcs.
- For hairstyles - wool for felting or yarn you need shade.
- Needles for felting.
- Neodymium magnets (I have thin 10 × 1 mm) - 2 pcs.
- Glue "Cosmofen" or superglue for gluing magnets.
- Ribbons / beads / rhinestones - to decorate clothes.
- Acrylic paint to paint the eyes and mouth, blush or dry pastel for cheeks.
- Tools for sewing: sewing machine, needles for hand sewing, needle with a big eye, needle for felting, simple scissors and zigzag.
1. Pattern my kids. You can translate it from a computer screen or draw it yourself, since it's the simplest one. For scale, I photographed everything on a rug with centimeter markings.
2. Stitch together a fabric for the head and a colored fabric for clothes (I have leftovers, because the pieces are small). The stitch length on the sewing machine is 2 mm. The allowances I pressed on one side, but on the one half they are directed upwards, and on the other downwards - according to the principle of stitching patches in patchwork, this is done to precisely align the fabrics on the seams.
3. Fold the fabric in pairs face to face, combining the seams, outlines the pattern so that the head and neck are flesh-colored, and the torso is made of colored fabric. Do not forget to leave a place for turning out (it is better to immediately put labels, and then, carried away, you can also flash too much 🙂
4. We sew small stitches (2 mm) along the drawn contour, cut it out, it is more convenient to do this with a zigzag scissors, if you don’t have them, you will have to make cuts along the circumference.Be sure to make notches in the joints of the neck and head, and in the corners on the pants, cut off the corners on the hem of the dress so that the parts look neat after turning out.
5. Carefully turn out the parts, straighten all corners and iron. Cut the waxed cord for the legs, tying a knot at one end.
6. Using a needle with a big eye, pull the legs from the inside through the hole for the stuffing (after stuffing, puncture the place of the puncture with a small drop of PVA glue), put on the beads and tie the knots. We stuff our little men, especially tightly fill our heads so that it turns out to be a beautiful round shape. We sew a hole for inverting with hidden stitches.
7. Then I was fascinated by the process, but I think that everything will be clear even without photos встав With the help of a needle with a large eye, we insert pens. The handles of our couple of lovebirds consist of one cut of the waxed cord, that is, we simply string one torso first, then the second, tying the knots on the tips of the handles and between little men.
We make hairstyles either from wool for felting or from yarn. On the back of the head with a needle for felting we seal the area under the magnets.I stuck magnets on Kosmofen glue.
8. Draw little faces, who likes what, I wanted to draw in the style of children's creativity 🙂
Decorate with ribbons, beads, rhinestones outfits. I gave a heart to a couple, I have an acrylic bead, but you can also cut a similar heart out of cardboard and stick it to a thin wire.
DIY Origami Tank
A garland of hearts
Candy Bird Milk