The Must-Know Fashion Tips For Dressing Your Shape
No matter what shape category you fall into, there are ways to give your confidence a boost simply by knowing how to show off your curves perfectly. Whether you want to disguise arms or hide a tummy, our fashion team know the tricks that will have you looking slimmer in an instant…
Embracing your curves:
Andrea Ita, 46, wears dress, £65, & Other Stories, belt, £29.99, , bag, £180, Kurt Geiger.
- Always define that waist and cinch it in with a belt but avoid skinny versions. Think about proportions – more curves = wider belt. Make it a sash or obi belt in supple suede, which moves with you.
- It’s all about proportion and scale – if you’re wearing print make sure it’s bold and larger (small ditzy florals are a no no).
- Avoid the black is thinning trap – worn as a separate is works but all over and it will make you look bigger.
Disgusing a tummy:
Karen Smyth, 54, wears top, £89, Jigsaw, necklace, £29, Phase Eight, culottes, £165, LK Bennett, shoes, £295, Bionda Castana for LK Bennett.
- A patterned top will disguise but avoid slim stripes that can highlight the problem. Longer line tops in a more structured fabric (think heavier weight) is ideal.
- Wear flat fronted trousers to avoid bulk around the tummy area.
- Use jewellery above the waistline to detract away from your tummy.
Flattering a larger bust:
Davina Payne, 38, wears jumpsuit, £250, A Day In A Life, earrings, £155, Marc by Marc Jacobs at Very Exclusive, sandals, £40, Oasis.
- Avoid high neck tops in a solid block of colour that will emphasize your bust. V necklines are the most flattering and print can also disguise a larger bust.
- Use earrings to attract attention up and away from the bust line.
Terrie Bentham, 53, wears shirt dress, £232.99, Evelin Brandt at Navabi, top, £9.90; jeggings, £34.90, both Uniqlo, bag, £225, Reiss, espadrilles, £45, La Redoute.
- Always show off your wrists – these are the slimmest part of every woman.
- Don’t feel the need to go full length – shorter kimono sleeves and rolled up sleeves are ideal.
- Oversized bangles on one arm or a statement necklace diverts attention away from where you don’t want it.
Video: What to Wear When You Have Nothing to Wear! 11 Outfit Ideas
How to Choose Between Civil Annulment and Divorce
How to Make Corn Meal Mush
40 Cheeseburger Tattoo Designs For Men – Food Ink Ideas
MC Meets: Fiona Stewart, Managing Director of Green Man Festival
How to Be Understanding
How to Choose a Hospital for Surgery
Fashion Photographer Mario Testino Will Take Princess Charlotte’s Official ChristeningPhoto
There Are Three Types of Sleep Apnea
How to Make Herbal Soap