Treatment of angina in children at home
Angina is the most common childhood disease. Children under the age of five at least once faced with this ailment. In children suffering from chronic tonsillitis, exacerbations appear much more often. It is not uncommon for them to treat a sore throat at home several times a year.
If you suspect that the child has a sore throat, you should contact your pediatrician to clarify the diagnosis and prescribe the appropriate treatment. A raid on the tonsils is not always a sign of illness. The approach to treatment depends on the origin of angina. Only a doctor can determine the need for hospitalization, conduct tests and find effective medications.
Angina is a disease that can be successfully treated at home. Sometimes, treatment is recommended in a hospital setting.
When is it better to take the child to the hospital?
- If there are serious complications. It is about neck abscess, rheumatic carditis, parapharyngeal abscess.In this case, self-treatment may result in undesirable consequences.
- Severe, accompanied by severe intoxication. High fever, drowsiness, cramps, poor appetite or lack of it, nausea, impaired breathing.
- There is no possibility of daily medical supervision of a child up to a year.
- Concomitant chronic diseases. In this case, angina can lead to unpredictable consequences, including kidney failure or diabetes mellitus.
Let's look at the treatment of angina with the use of folk remedies and purchased medicines.
Treatment of sore throats with medical devices
Improper diet, rare walks in the fresh air, lack of physical activity - not a complete list of factors that adversely affect the state of the immune system. A cold drink, frozen feet, or hypothermia can trigger the multiplication of pathogenic microorganisms in the gaps of the tonsils, which leads to the appearance of a sore throat.
In order for the child to recover quickly, the parents must unswervingly follow the pediatrician's recommendations.Home treatment includes bed rest, heavy drinking, regular gargling and antibiotics.
- Gargling is recommended using ready-made products. The pharmacy sells sprays for children Ingalipt, Geksoral, Lyugol.
- Antipyretic agents against temperature. Ibuprofen, Panadol, Paracetamol and Efferalgan.
- Antibiotics. It can only be prescribed by the attending physician, as an incorrectly chosen medicine can aggravate the situation. Penicillin antibiotics, to which the causative agents of the disease are extremely sensitive, are considered ideal for children.
- Antihistamines in the form of syrup. Suprastin, Peritol, Zodak.
- Vitamin complexes. Alphabet, Centrum, Pikovit.
- Care should be taken to increase immunity. Medicines safe for the child’s body - Kipferon and Viferon.
- If necessary, use the drug Tonsilgon, which is sold in the form of drops. Herbal medicine with strong anti-inflammatory action.
I note that not all pediatricians support the treatment of angina at home. A child's body is extremely fragile and even a minor mistake can lead to negative consequences.
Treatment of angina in children folk remedies
Angina is an acute condition characterized by inflammation of the glands. The illness is accompanied by jumped fever and sore throat, which is aggravated by swallowing.
If you have the slightest suspicion that your child has a sore throat, try to immediately call a doctor.
- Gargling.For gargling, use herbal decoction or a solution of iodized salt. Sea salt or soda also fit. The number of rinses during the day - at least twenty.
- Propolis.Mix half a glass of water with a few drops of propolis alcohol tincture, and gargle with the resulting solution. In order not to warm up the solution before each procedure, pour it into a thermos.
- Infusion of meadow cornflower.For gargling. A spoon of dried cornflower steamed in a glass of boiling water, insist half an hour, strain and use 4 times a day.
- Compresses.Lymph nodes warm compresses based on camphor oil or vegetable oils.
- Inhalation from the decoction of fir branches.Slightly chopped spruce branches fall asleep in the pot, add water and put on the stove. In the finished broth pour water and a penicillin ampoule.Cover the child with a blanket and let them breathe in pairs. At the end of the procedure to put the baby to sleep.
- Tincture of large-flowered hydrangea leaves.Spoon dry leaves of hydrangea pour a glass of boiling water, insist half an hour, strain and give a drink to the child. To use means to a residual recovery.
- Wiping with vodka and vinegar.To combine vodka and vinegar in equal proportions, and the resulting composition to smear the child's legs, back and temples. To moisten in a mixture of socks and put on the baby. After a quarter of an hour, remove the socks and cover the baby with a blanket.
Do not replace traditional remedies for sore throat drug therapy. It is not worth much to wrap the neck of the child, because the wrapping is the most common cause of tonsillitis complications and the appearance of acute fever. Complication can lead to joint and heart disease. It is strictly forbidden to use kerosene and other toxic substances to lubricate the child’s tonsils.
Symptoms of angina in a child
Sore throat causes discomfort and provokes an increase in temperature. It is dangerous not with symptoms, but with the risk of serious complications caused by improper treatment.To prevent this from happening, you should act as wisely as possible and do not neglect the qualified help of doctors.
- Tonsillitis or its exacerbation in chronic form is characterized by pain in the throat, which is aggravated by swallowing. Other symptoms include general malaise, weakness, fatigue, fever, poor appetite, severe coughing, intoxication of the body and bad breath.
- Hyperemia in the region of tonsils and pharynx, an increase in lymph nodes adjacent to the focus of inflammation. Purulent plugs, clearly visible against the background of enlarged and reddened tonsils.
- Runny nose and pain in the ears. The first sign that, against the background of inflammation of the glands, develop other diseases, including otitis and rhinitis.
- The chronic form of sore throat does not have pronounced symptoms. Even during remission, as part of the examination of the oral cavity, an increase in tonsils and cicatricial changes (uneven surface and loose glandular structure) can be seen.
Enlarged tonsils are not always a symptom of acute angina. There are cases when normal glands are not evidence of the absence of infection.Accurately determine a sore throat only doctor.
Types of angina in children
Sore throat is a large group of throat diseases caused by fungi, bacteria and viruses. Treatment is prescribed depending on the organism that caused the problem. Often, representatives of medicine called angina acute tonsillitis. Children under the age of ten are most susceptible to infection. To appear in a risk group can also adults, who have weakened immunity.
Each species appears differently.
- Purulent tonsillitis. The main symptom is a sore throat, which periodically increases and gives to the temple or ear. It affects the lacuna, which is an integral part of the tonsils. The lacunas turn red, swell later, and at the end are filled with pus. This is the result of the activity of microbes. To stop the process, you need to quickly begin to treat the tonsils.
- Viral sore throat. The consequence of a decrease in immunity, resulting in viruses attacking the tonsils. A type of disease is contagious and easily transmitted. At the initial stage, fever appears with a high temperature. Later, the patient’s condition is aggravated by cutting pain,vomiting and diarrhea. Tonsils are covered with tiny red bubbles that leave small sores.
- Catarrhal sore throat. Rarely encountered. Dry throat, after burning with pain. Body temperature rises slightly. Palatine arches become covered with red, and the tonsils become whitish. At this time, the child feels a headache, apathy, weakness and suffers from intoxication. The number of clinical manifestations depends on the age of the baby.
- Herpes sore throat. A child's appetite worsens, the temperature rises and weakness appears. Later, he begins to experience severe pain in his throat and suffer from nasal congestion. A few days later, on the tonsils there are red blisters, in the place of which tiny wounds are formed. In the absence of proper treatment, suppurations are formed instead of bubbles.
- Follicular sore throat. This type of tonsillitis develops extremely rapidly. Initially, the temperature rises by several degrees, there is a pain in the throat and salivation increases. Some babies have vomiting. Yellowish spots are formed on the surface of the tonsils, after which erosion remains.After opening the ulcers, body temperature returns to normal. On full recovery takes about 6 days.
- Lacunar angina. The species resembles the previous species. Acute, accompanied by a sharp rise in temperature, the beginning. The surface of the glands is covered with yellow bloom. After its separation, the temperature does not drop. The child's condition improves after the lymph nodes return to normal. It is possible to cope with the disease in a week, with complications, the duration of treatment may increase.
All types emit similar symptoms, however, they are not devoid of features. To proceed to treatment is necessary immediately, otherwise the child may have complications, especially if he does not have a year.
Prevention. 10 proven tips
Guaranteed to prevent the development of angina is impossible. However, to reduce the likelihood of occurrence is real. How to achieve this result?
- Get rid of foci of infection that occur in the body. It's about rhinitis, regularly exacerbated sinusitis, inflammation of the gums and caries.
- Take care that your child breathes freely through the nose. Otherwise, cold air gets on the tonsils.
- If one of the family members has a sore throat, he should wear a mask and use separate dishes. In the season of colds, it is better to refuse visiting public places without the use of protective equipment, including special ointments and bandages.
- Rinse the nose with saline. This will improve circulation and help flush out mucus and germs.
- Avoid cold drinks and ice cream. Excluding local hypothermia, you will greatly reduce the risk of acute angina.
- Do not let your feet become cold. This will prevent a sore throat and will have a positive effect on general health.
- Harden the body. This does not mean that the child should dive into cold water. You can restrict yourself to spraying with ice water.
- Play sports. Sport improves immunity, strengthens the body and causes an influx of strength. In this case, the child should not engage in physical exercise until exhaustion. The best result will provide dosed loads.
- Eat a full and balanced. The diet should include food rich in healthy elements. If the child does not want to change the menu, get him a vitamin complex.
- Visit salt caves, seaside resorts and undergo balneotherapy procedures. Salt-saturated air along with sea water even relieves chronic throat diseases.
These 10 ways to prevent angina will help strengthen the immune system and prevent tonsillitis. Agree, it is much more pleasant not to give an infection and a chance than to use a pack of pills and drink medicine.
What does the color of the language mean?
Eva Luna knitting jacket
Cornelia Mango has bragged sumptuous tan and breasts
Couture manicure: 15 cool nail design ideas
Home for joy
Do-it-yourself summer crafts
Decorating a bottle with colored salt