Turmeric: Useful Properties
Who would have thought that turmeric, which is widely used in the kitchen as a seasoning for different dishes, can be very useful! The topic of our conversation today: turmeric, beneficial properties, treatment with turmeric.
Composition of turmeric
Turmeric, the beneficial properties of which are used in cooking and medicine, is rich in various substances and vitamins. It contains iron, calcium, phosphorus and iodine. Among the vitamins - C, K, B2, B3.
Turmeric also contains essential oils with terpenoids and plant nutrients that are antioxidants. And antioxidants are known to protect the body from tumors and rejuvenate it. Also, the essential oil of turmeric contains curcumin and two-methyl methoxycurcumin.
Turmeric: medicinal properties
In the East, turmeric is valued not only as a seasoning for various dishes, but also as a good medicine for many diseases (in Ayurveda). Turmeric is used to cleanse and warm the blood, to remove toxins from the body. Turmeric is not only capable of purifying the physical body, but also its energy.It is also believed that turmeric makes the ligaments of the body more elastic, so it is advised to use it for athletes.
Here is a list of useful properties of turmeric:
- Leads blood pressure to normal.
- Helps to cure headaches caused by liver diseases.
- Strengthens the heart.
- Protects blood vessels from atherosclerosis.
- Increases the body's immunity.
- Improves kidney function.
- Turmeric is a great natural antibiotic.
- Helps to improve the functioning of the liver, stomach and gall bladder in diseases of the gastrointestinal tract.
- Interferes with formation of stones in a gall bladder.
- Removes toxins from the liver.
- Reduces the amount of cholesterol.
- It protects the liver from hepatitis.
- Helps with chemical poisoning.
- Reduces the amount and acidity of gastric juice.
- Helps with diseases of the throat.
- Normalizes metabolism.
- Suspends the development of Alzheimer's disease.
- Effective in the fight against cancer.
- Protects from harm of a cigarette smoke and semi-finished products.
- Effective with cystic fibrosis.
We considered some medicinal properties, turmeric is very good for health both in particular and in general. Now let's talk about how turmeric is applied specifically in practice.We offer several therapeutic recipes with turmeric.
- If you have injured yourself, you can gently sprinkle the wound with turmeric powder. Turmeric will help stop the blood and disinfect the cut.
- For bruises, joint inflammations and sprains, a compress of turmeric and honey will help. And if you add a little ghee to it, you will get a good remedy for fighting boils, ulcers and ulcers on the skin.
- You can cope with flatulence and diarrhea by taking the following medication. Need 1 tsp. Add turmeric powder to a glass of water and drink 0.5 cups of this medicine each time before eating.
- For the treatment of diseases of the throat need 0.5 tsp. turmeric and 0.5 tsp. salt add to 1 cup of water, stir and apply the resulting solution to rinse the throat. This medicine will disinfect, remove excess mucus and relieve pain. The same medicine is effective for inflammation of the gums, they can also rinse the mouth.
- With acute respiratory infections, runny nose and other diseases where the nose is inflamed, you can rinse the nasopharynx with salt water and turmeric (0.5 tsp. Per 400 g of water).
- In case of burn, mix aloe juice and turmeric to a uniform consistency and apply the resulting ointment to the burned skin.
- With diabetes, you can control your sugar level by taking 1 tablet of mummy along with 500 mg of turmeric.
- When urticaria, turmeric should be used simply as a seasoning for dishes.
- To get rid of allergic asthma attacks, drink milk with turmeric. In 0.5 cups of hot milk, add 0.5 tsp. turmeric Drink this milk 2-3 times a day on an empty stomach.
- With anemia, 0.25 tsp. take turmeric with honey on an empty stomach.
- Turmeric is also good for eye inflammations. Add to 0.5 l. water 2 tsp. turmeric, boil, half evaporate, cool, strain. The medicine needs to be instilled into the inflamed eyes 3-4 times a day.
- To clean the blood, 0.5 tsp. turmeric brew in 0.5 cups boiling water, then add 1 tsp. honey and leave to infuse for 5 minutes. Drink the medicine 2-3 times a day.
- To get rid of sprains, prepare an ointment of turmeric, salt and lemon juice, then spread the sore spots with medicine.
- For pain in the joints and spine, turmeric is mixed with ginger in a ratio of 1: 2 and diluted with butter to the state of sour cream. This ointment is applied to the sore spot, covered with paper or polyethylene, fixed and held the whole night.
Despite its beneficial properties, turmeric can be harmful to those to whom it is contraindicated.
Who is not recommended to use turmeric?
- Those with jaundice, cholelithiasis, or bile ducts blocked, turmeric should not be used.
- You need to be careful with taking turmeric for people with allergies, ulcers and gastritis.
- Pregnant women should not take large amounts of turmeric separately.
- Turmeric is a powerful remedy, so in order to avoid distorting the results of treatment, it should not be used by people who take various medications and undergo treatment.
- If you have chronic diseases, you should consult with your doctor before introducing turmeric into a regular diet. Perhaps you may not be allowed to use it.
And those who do not contraindicate turmeric, be sure to include this wonderful seasoning in your diet! Due to the wide range of effects of turmeric, you can significantly improve or strengthen your health. Only take turmeric in small quantities, and let the children over the age of 5-6 years. Good health to you!
Do-it-yourself flower bezel: master class with step by step photo
40 Incredible Doll Houses Made with Soul
DIY Towel Doll
How to make a solar water heater
How to make a predator from a clothespin