Ulcers in the tongue: causes and treatment at home
Causes of mouth ulcers
The exact causes of their occurrence is difficult to determine. However, there are some common causes that can lead to inflammation of the mucous membrane of the tongue, for example, occasional biting, contact with a hard toothbrush, improper use of a toothpick.
It also affects heredity, viral infections, hormonal changes in the body, weakening of the immune system, consumption of salty or spicy foods, intestinal and stomach disorders, stress, lack of vitamins and minerals, such as folic acid, zinc, B vitamins and iron.
Treatment of ulcers in the tongue at home
Aloe vera is the most recommended home remedy for treating sores on the tongue. Traditionally used for the health of the oral cavity and due to its strong anti-inflammatory properties, inflammation and pain are much easier.
- Take a leaf of aloe and remove the gel. Apply the gel directly to the affected area. Use 2 times a day.
- Rinse your mouth, using aloe vera juice, 3-4 times a day.
Possessing a powerful anti-inflammatory property, soda effectively soothes pain and reduces inflammation.
- Dissolve ½ teaspoon of baking soda in a small amount of water to form a thick paste. Apply this mixture on the ulcer and leave for a minute. Then rinse your mouth with warm water. Repeat 3-4 times a day.
- Dissolve a teaspoon of soda in a glass of warm water and rinse your mouth 3-4 times a day.
Due to its antibacterial and antiseptic properties, hydrogen peroxide effectively cures sores. Reduces the risk of developing infections. Use only 3% solution.
- Mix 3% solution of hydrogen peroxide and some warm water in an equal ratio. Treat the affected area with a cotton swab. Leave for a couple of seconds, and then rinse your mouth with warm water. Perform 2 times a day for several days.
Candy Bird Milk
Mosaic Broken Heart
Good conquers: the mystery on the wit and cunning from Ivan Tsarevich
Improving externally and internally with the Argentine tango
Replacing handles in a bag
How to cook French onion soup with croutons