Wedding stylist tips: how not to be mistaken with a dress
About wedding trends
- I am often asked about this, and I gladly answer that in America now sexy dresses are very popular - transparent inserts on the sides and on the stomach, open back. But now the choice is very large, and every girl will find a dress to their liking. A conservative bride, a bride who wants to look spectacular or, on the contrary, modestly, a bride who wants to look sexy or as a bohemian representative, a bride who wants to be strewn with rhinestones or look like a fairy-tale princess - for each one there is “her own” designer and “her " dress.By the way, I don’t know if you know, but I recently presented my new collection of wedding dresses - Randy Fenoli Bridal. It will be sold in 70 countries. I still do not know in what particular. I do not have a list. But when I created this collection, I really tried to take into account the tastes of all brides - the seductive bride, the bohemian bride, the spectacular bride and the fairy princess bride. So my collection is very diverse, and this is a kind of trend today - so that the collection has something for every bride so that she can express herself on her wedding day.
About wedding taboos
- I think it is worth taking into account the venue of the ceremony. Do you get married in a church, synagogue, or other religious place, and who will attend the wedding? Will her grandmothers, aunts and other relatives or only close friends? Is there a ceremony planned on the beach where you will have fun all night long until the morning? The choice of clothes depends on the place and guests. I think that the bride should show respect to all these people. A wedding is basically a tradition - the tradition of marriage and union between husband and wife.They should be respected, as well as religious beliefs, their heritage and history, their family. Today, there are many dresses that, in my opinion, are too extravagant and inappropriate for such an event.
For example, there are dresses completely bodily color - they have a lining, like swimsuits, and the whole body can be seen through this dress, because there is no lining in the chest or hips. It seems to me that this is completely inappropriate. I don’t think that someone wants to see a naked or half-naked bride going to the altar. This is a beautiful, elegant, refined ceremony, filled with tradition, and I think that it should be treated that way.
About the main mistakes of brides
- There are several errors. The main thing is that very few people plan their budget in advance. After all, flowers, musicians or DJs should fit into it, renting a place for a ceremony, invitations, a wedding dress - everything you need for a wedding, including transportation. If you find a dress that costs a few hundred dollars more than planned, you will have to cut the cost of musicians or rent or reduce the guest list.Therefore, it is better to act within the budget: no one will like to wake up the day after the wedding in debt.
Error number two, as I said, is that the bride must speak some basic rules before visiting the wedding salon in order to choose a dress in which she herself feels beautiful and not try to please all family members and friends present. And you need to try to keep an open mind about the choice of wedding dress. Often brides think they know what dress they want, and say: “I don’t want lace, I don’t want rhinestones, I don’t want a strapless dress,” and as a result they buy a lace strapless dress embroidered with rhinestones. Until you try on a dress - you will not know. I would also say that you only need to choose a dress with those people who will support you and act in your interests, will try to help find the perfect outfit.
Worst wedding trend
- Anything from the 80s, when the entire emphasis was on the dress itself, and not on how to emphasize the beauty of the bride. Then there were popular big sleeves, long trains and puffy skirts, voluminous hairstyles and large hair ornaments.Everything was supposed to be large and voluminous, but the average woman wears clothes of 44–46th size, so most brides are rather graceful. And the dress should focus on the beauty and dignity of the bride, rather than drag attention to yourself. I love dresses that emphasize the beauty of a girl, so any dresses from the 80s of the last century are what I would like to say goodbye to.
- I do not think that discomfort will certainly accompany the bride throughout the day of the ceremony. However, the wedding dress is not created for convenience. If you want convenience - put on a tracksuit. Sneakers, sweatpants, T-shirt - and it will be very comfortable. But this is the same as choosing a suit for office work - you do not dress in such a way that it is comfortable. Men usually wear a tie, jacket, suit and nice shoes. This is not the most comfortable clothing, but it does not necessarily feel uncomfortable, you can still look stylish. For example, a dress should not be too big, with such a long train that you have to wear it all day, it’s too hard; And the bridal bouquet should not be too bulky and heavy.So the outfit may well be comfortable, but something else amazes me. Some girls go to clubs every weekend, where they drink and dance in their shoes on fifteen-centimeter heels or sandals on a high platform, and then they want to wear sneakers on their wedding day. No no and one more time no. My number will not work.
About whether to store a wedding dress
- I'm not a fan of storing wedding dresses in a box, because, in my opinion, a wedding dress is something tangible that you want to touch or occasionally get and show to people. A daughter may not want to wear her mother's wedding dress, and fashion will change by that time. However, if you gave the dress to dry cleaning after the wedding, it should be hung in a dark place - for example, deeper in the closet - and cover it with a white cotton cover. In this case, when the daughter gets married, she will be able to borrow buttons and sew them on her dress or use the lace trim of the dress for veils or bridal bouquet decoration and so on. If the mother is no longer alive, it will be important for the bride to feel her presence at the ceremony, and the mother’s wedding dress can be a way to realize it.So storing a dress is good. But I do not support the idea of putting it in a box and not being able to touch it or get it, because a wedding dress is a thing that people want to show.
Should I break the rules of wedding fashion?
- In my collection there are a lot of really sexy dresses, while I myself am more conservative. However, all my dresses have a snap-on lining, so that the entire body of the bride is covered during the ceremony: the mother, the groom's parents and the priest are happy, but at the party after the ceremony you can unfasten it - part of the dress in the belly will be transparent. It will be sexy, but at the same time appropriate. Here is one version of the violation of traditions. If you want to use bright colors - there are always favorite shoes that will add a bit of brightness to the wedding dress. People often ask me questions about colored wedding dresses. I am not a fan of such outfits, because, in my opinion, these are already evening dresses. However, there are many women who do not go pure white - they immediately appear to be pale and emaciated. So the soft shade of ivory, the pinkish tint,Light blue or light green will look great on a red-haired or light-skinned bride.
The “Dress Up for the Wedding” program is released on Thursdays at 21:00 on TLC.
How to make a solar water heater
How to learn to skate
Cornelia Mango has bragged sumptuous tan and breasts
A bit of exotic: chicken wings with pineapples and potatoes
How to revive feelings