What are blood tests?
In modern times, almost any diagnosis of the disease is carried out using various types of blood tests. In this case, an ordinary person can easily get confused about what kind of analysis he was sent to and how to prepare for it. In our article we will describe what kind of blood tests there are, and also try to indicate the goals, methods and results of their behavior.
Blood test classification
So, now there are the following types of blood tests:
- Clinical blood test. It is carried out in order to identify the overall picture of the blood in the human body, including helping to diagnose various infectious and hematological diseases. Blood sampling from a person is necessarily carried out on an empty stomach from a finger and does not require special preparation from the patient. In the process of analysis, the number of erythrocytes, leukocytes, platelets, hemoglobin is counted, and the erythrocyte sedimentation rate is calculated. There are certain norms according to which any deviation from the required number of blood cells will be considered a sign of some kind of inflammatory process in the body or a serious disease,therefore, the results of such an analysis will depend on whether the blood cell counts are normal or not.
- Blood chemistry. It is carried out to assess the functional state of the body, the work of its internal organs, as well as metabolism. This blood test can check the blood levels of protein, sugar, iron, cholesterol, bilirubin, triglycerides, various enzymes, calcium, magnesium, sodium, phosphorus and various gases. Any deviation from the norm may signal that some processes that are not visible from the side (parasitic infections, tumors, allergies) can occur in the body. Patients with poor biochemical analysis may have thyroid disease, liver disease, as well as diabetes and atherosclerosis. Depending on the type of biochemical analysis, preparation for blood sampling can vary, up to and including the diet for several days.
- Immunological blood test. About what blood tests are from the point of view of the human immunological system, few people know, so these tests are not so common. As a rule, such a blood test provides information about the immunodeficiency virus in the human body and is anonymous, since it is carried out at the request of the patient.For sampling, blood taken on an empty stomach is taken from a vein, from which serum is obtained for centrifugal examination. In addition, the study of serum is able to identify a number of sexually transmitted diseases (syphilis, herpes, chlamydia), as well as all types of hepatitis, measles, rubella, parotitis and toxoplasmosis.
- Hormonal blood test. This type of research helps to determine the overall work of the human endocrine system, as well as to identify diseases of the pituitary, thyroid, adrenal glands and other human endocrine organs. Blood is taken on certain days depending on the production of the hormone that will be tested. It can be an analysis of thyroid hormones (T4, T3), pituitary (TSH, LH, FSH), sex glands (testosterone, estriol), adrenal glands (cortisol), and also of pregnancy hormone (HCG). The results will depend entirely on the age and sex of the person, as well as whether there are any diseases in his endocrine system.
- Definitive blood tests. Types of blood tests of this type are very different from the above in that they do not diagnose any disease or state of human health, but simply indicate the peculiarity of his blood circulatory system.These include tests for the determination of blood group, Rh and clotting. As a rule, these studies are conducted on a mandatory basis by people in special professions, as well as by all pregnant women. Blood sampling for analysis is made from a vein, and also does not require special preparation of the patient.
Arrangement of items
Where can I get training for first aid in Moscow?