What to bring for lunch in the office
How to collect food with you
If you were deprived of this experience and forgot how my mother collected a bag of delicious food for you in school, I will remind you of several basic rules for a tasty and healthy lunchbox.
Get enough jars and trays. It is not necessary to spend money on fashionable thermo boxes and colorful chests, because at some point they will either get lost or break. As a lunch box, ordinary household containers for storage of heat-resistant material are quite suitable, so that if necessary, if possible, the lunch in the microwave oven can be heated.
The shape and size of the containers depend on what you are going to take with you. I have several: a deep bowl for salads and, as they say, "buddha-boules", a rectangular container like a bento box, a couple of glasses for smoothies, lazy oatmeal and soups (although I do not really like soups) and a few small ones sauces
If you like to make plans for the future and write to-do lists in your diary, you,Without a doubt, it will not be difficult to think over your diet in advance, if not for the week ahead, then at least for the first three days, and buy everything you need. Keep in mind that the dish that you decide to prepare with you must:
- contain proteins and fats, and carbohydrates;
- to be quite nourishing and nutritious;
- to be equally tasty, both warm and cold, because it is not always possible to warm up your lunch. It was experimentally revealed that even cutlets, pasta, risotto and scrambled eggs really “liven up” in the microwave. However, seafood, chicken breast and cold steaks will be, to put it mildly, not very.
If the menu assumes the presence of the same ingredients in different dishes, it is rational to make some preparations in advance, for example:
- soak chickpeas for hummus;
- boil cereal;
- prepare a dressing;
- peel root vegetables, put them in an airtight container with water and put them in a refrigerator (they always do this in large restaurants);
- Meals that require long-term cooking (for example, such as pilaf and stew), it is convenient to cook for several days in advance.
Let's forget about old school vinaigrettes, "fur coats", "mimosa" and Olivier.New Year feasts are long behind, and a new life in the mode of health does not imply the presence of fatty sauces and dressings. "Caprese", Greek or simply vegetable salads will fit only as a side dish for something protein. I propose to build your own megamix from various tasty and healthy. You can use any fresh or baked vegetables by adding a little protein in the form of mushrooms, tofu or legumes, a bit of your favorite cereal (couscous, quinoa, green buckwheat, bulgur are best suited for salads) - these are complex carbohydrates. And in order for this marvelous batch to be digested and well digested, you need a little fat: a spoonful of pumpkin, flaxseed or sunflower seeds or avocados.
Crispy salad for all occasions
For 2 portions we need
- 1 glass of quinoa (or bulgur)
- 2 glasses of water
- 100 g red cabbage
- 150 g of edamame beans
- red and yellow peppers, half
- half carrot
- 1-2 cucumbers
- 1 tbsp. spoon of sesame seeds or 2 tbsp. spoons of tahini sesame paste (you can buy it anywhere)
- 1 orange juice
- 2 tbsp. Spoon chopped shallots
- a small bunch of cilantro
- pinch of grated ginger
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- For sauce: mix well sesame tahini paste with orange juice to a creamy mass consistency. Mix all other ingredients in this blender with this mass. If necessary, you can add a little juice or paste to obtain the desired consistency. We shift everything to the sauceboat.
- Quinoa or Bulgur is washed, filled with water and brought to a boil, keeping on low heat for 5-7 minutes. Then remove from heat and leave under the lid for 15-20 minutes.
- Edamame beans are cleaned and boiled in the same way as green peas - no longer than 7 minutes.
- Shink the vegetables.
- Half of the quinoa is loosened with a spoon and put into a deep bowl, add vegetables and beans, sprinkle with lemon and shift into a lunch box. Sauce - separately. Optionally, in such a salad, you can add fresh greens (preferably before serving) and a spoonful of pumpkin seeds.
Sandwiches or burritos
It happens that although it is not particularly useful, but you have to eat on the go. Sandwiches in this case to help. It's boring and unhelpful, and you won't find it, say? Not at all.
The main secrets of the right sandwich:
- use only whole grain bread;
- make sure that the filling was protein;
- so that the bread is not wet, the sandwich should not be picked up in the evening, but in the morning before going to work or, putting all the ingredients in a box, quickly put it right into the lunch break.
Burrito is, in fact, the same sandwich, with the only exception that the stuffing here is not sandwiched between pieces of bread, but tightly wrapped in a thin flat cake / pita bread or even a lush pancake. But now it's not Maslenitsa, so I offer you a cool recipe “convolution” with a leaf of nori.
We will need
- 2 sheets of nori
- 2 eggs
- 1 mashed avocado
- handful of young spinach
- some cherry tomatoes
- 1-2 Art. homemade pesto
- a handful of boiled brown rice or quinoa
- Optionally you can add cream or goat cheese, 10-15 g per serving
- For pesto, mix all the ingredients in a blender.
- Beat eggs with a whisk, do not add salt. Add oil to the heated pan, pour out the egg mass and fry like a pancake for a minute on both sides.
- Wash the spinach and leave to dry, cut the tomatoes into 4 parts and stew in a pan for 2–3 minutes in a small amount of water, then add the avocado, pepper and mix.
- We spread a sheet of nori on a food film and fill it with wet hands: put an omelet, followed by 1–2 cm back from the edges - distribute vegetables, rice and pesto over the entire surface. We turn off into a tight roll and protect the edges.
When for lunch you want something bigger
The nationwide dining classics in the form of sandwiches and salads are, of course, good, but everyone, I repeat, has his own regime, and his own energy expenditure, and his own gastronomic needs / preferences. Therefore, you can prepare something for lunch in the office. By this “something” can be meant anything, from a soup with croutons to a compound, so-called “buddha bowls”, or “bowls of power”. Simply put, this is a bowl, and in our case a lunch box filled with various goodies.
This format of food, in my opinion, is ideal for taking with you, because it:
- very nourishing and nutritious;
- does not require much time for cooking;
- provides a huge field for imagination, because it can consist of absolutely any ingredients.
A proper buddha bowl should contain:
- some fiber and chlorophyll in the form of stewed greens (bok choi, keil, spinach,beet tops, cabbage);
- whole grain carbohydrates (quinoa, brown / red / black rice, buckwheat, bulgur, pasta);
- a little more multicolored fiber in the form of fresh or baked vegetables (peppers, zucchini, zucchini, eggplant, sweet potatoes);
- some fat in the form of a dressing (the most useful: before the “serving”, knead with a fork 1 avocado).
Let's do it: instead of painting a recipe for you, I'll tell you how I prepare my "bowls of strength," and you'll try to cook your own and then tell me how it happened.
The procurement process is as follows:
- cereal (red rice or quinoa, as a rule) + bean cook separately from Sunday for several days at once = 15–20 minutes;
- vegetables (maximum 3 types) bake without butter in the oven, too, in advance and for a couple of days = 20–30 minutes;
- Sauce and stewed greens (spinach or keil) cook either in the evening or in the morning = 5 minutes;
- Hummus or baked chickpeas prepare for a few days ahead = maximum 20 minutes.
Meals that are simply pointless to cook for one
We will need
- 250 g green vegetables (asparagus, green peas or broccoli with spinach)
- 700 ml vegetable broth or water
- 150 g of pasta from whole wheat flour (broken spaghetti also fit)
- 220 g white Greek beans
- 3 tbsp. pesto spoon
- Soak in advance and boil the beans.
- Cook pasta according to the instructions.
- Asparagus mine and cut into 2-3 parts, peel the peas, add everything in a pan, pour broth or water (add 1-2 tablespoons of lime juice or lemon, so that the vegetables retain their original color), bring to a boil and cook on a weak fire until cooked vegetables.
- Add beans, pasta and 3 tbsp. spoon pesto - done!
Broccoli, spinach and green peas cutlets
We will need
- 400 g broccoli (you can use fresh frozen, defrost)
- 150 g of green peas (also frozen, it is enough to pour it with hot water)
- 50 grams of spinach
- 2 medium potatoes
- 1 onion
- a bunch of greenery (parsley, dill and green onions)
- 3-4 tbsp. spoon with a hill (if necessary more) chickpea or oatmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- spices to taste (coriander, black pepper and paprika, approximately 1 teaspoon)
- Vegetables and my greens, dry and grind with a blender (not too fine).Add flour, baking powder and spices. Stirring.
- Put small patties on parchment and bake without butter at a temperature of 180–200 degrees for about 20 minutes.
- Served with your favorite sauce and side dish.
Handmade Chamomile Soap
Pyramid Gift Box
Waste Material Bunny
Crafts from surprise kinder eggs
Roof gable of OSB Slabs
Feng Shui Home Office
Corrugated paper box
Gardening Cement Figure