Where is the ruby mined?
Where is mined ruby in the world
Not every country produces ruby. The most expensive and sought after stones are obtained in Burma, and their peculiarity is an amazing color: deep red with a bluish tinge. For many years it was believed that this is the only location of the ruby. However, in time it was discovered in other countries: Thailand, Sri Lanka and Vietnam. The advantage of the stone found in these countries is a piercing brilliance that does not tarnish and does not lose strength in any light.
A small amount of ruby is also found in Madagascar, Pakistan, the United States, Brazil, Australia, Colombia and Tanzania. Even in Russia found deposits of this precious stone. For example, in Sigangoy field and in the Urals.
A gemstone obtained in different countries, even with the same treatment, has distinctive features.
After mining, the gems are sent to Thailand, Israel or Europe. There is a qualitative ruby cutting. This process consists in filling glass with voids in the stone, which constitute from 30 to 70% of ruby. The next step is considered “natural healing”, which consists in the removal of mineral inclusions due to heat treatment. After this, “artificial healing” begins, with the help of which all inclusions are removed and the cracks are glued together. The process of cutting a ruby is rather difficult and requires skill, experience and accuracy. The final result is an indicator of the quality and cost of a ruby.
Gold earrings with diamonds and rubies, SL;gold ring with diamonds and rubies, SL(prices link)
Features of rubies found in different countries
- Burmese ruby has a "pigeon's color", which makes this stone popular and expensive.
- The Thai ruby is called Siamese because of its brownish tint. It is very similar in value to the one that is mined in Burma.
- Rubies, which are found in Sri Lanka, are distinguished by a harmonious combination of red and light shades. As a result, the stone turns out the color of ripe raspberries.
- Although African rubies are not considered the most valuable, stones mined in Kenya and Tanzania shimmer and change color when light hits.
- Vietnamese ruby has a purple hue, which makes it special and attractive.
Thanks to such features, as well as the rarity and complexity of the extraction, the ruby is worthy of the name "king of precious stones"! Its presence on the accessory is an indicator of luxury and wealth. It is the ruby that adorns the crowns, wedding necklaces and expensive outfits that fall in love with themselves at first sight.
Handmade jewelry and accessories
How to enlarge breasts with a bra
Weaving a Dreamcatcher Bracelet
How to make a solar water heater
Women's Facial Hair: Effective Ways to Remove
Ultrasonic Fog Generator